Sunday, November 3, 2019


LBS 850 BLOG POST
WEEK 9
Student Technology Promotion Project

My top five tools if I had to narrow it down would be:

1. Google Suites.  Although not perfect, I especially love Google Classroom.  I am able to leave notes for my students - class-wide or individually.  I can pre-prepare quizzes, surveys and lessons and have the results sent to me in a spreadsheet fashion.  I do prefer Microsoft Word to Google Docs but do love the collaborative nature of Google Docs.  

2. My Simple Show.  Write your script or upload a PowerPoint to mysimpleshow.com and the tool will auto-magically create your explainer video. You can use their images (called scribbles) or upload your own images.   It is a quick, fun, and a great way to enhance your presentations and explain any topic in a simple way.  The free version is very generous which isn't always the case for many tools.  The only drawback is that the scribbles of people are all white with no diversity.

3. Padlet.  Although I just learned about Padlet for this course, I love it!  Again, it's free and there are so many ways to use it; brainstorming a topic, statement, project or idea. I am thinking of ways of how to incorporate some of my lessons to utilize it.  

4. Flipgrid. This is another app I learned how to use from this class.  I like that it is very user-friendly and thus can be used with multiple grade levels.  It is versatile in that it can be used on any device and the best part is that is it completely free. This tool is also a great alternative to written responses and can engage students with fine motor issues and writing challenges. By having everyone in the room interact on Flipgrip, students with special needs are not singled out for accommodation but participate in the same modality as their peers, Read about 15 ways to use Flipgrid in the classroom here


5. Kahoot. I adore using Kahoot in the classroom as much as the students enjoy playing it. Kahoot is a platform where you can create quizzes, discussions, and surveys. The Kahoot is displayed via a TV or projector, and participants enter the game pin to play.  It's great for formative assessments, when kids need a brain break, and students can also make quizzes for each other. 






No comments:

Post a Comment